Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Four - Into the Sunset

This morning my daughter and I made Sunset Juice.  It looks delicious; it has celery, pear, apple, cranberry, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe and coconut water.  It's the prettiest juice I have ever made...but MK prefers the one with spinach and carrot that looks sorta army green (and has more nutrients in it too, and since that is her only juice all day, I say go ugly juice!)

I feel pretty good!  That sense of bloatiness that I had for -ever- is gone now.  I have been hungrier that usual but I am learning what hunger actually -feels- like.  So often I would get a small twang of hunger and mistake it for being truly hungry and needing to eat, when I didn't.  I feel like I am getting back in touch with when I really need to eat vs. when I am bored and think I want a snack.

Interestingly, my brother-in-law is also interested in juicing and incorporating more fresh/raw foods into his diet, and has been doing so for some time.  We had a nice chat about things and agreed that not only do we feel so much more energetic and light, but it's also nice to have family on board who don't think you're nuts for approaching food differently.  So far nearly everyone has been supportive, but knowing there is someone who is actually living it too is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment