Monday, November 28, 2011

Day Three - Strange Brew

So last night and this morning I had leg cramps - a lot of them.  From what I am learning, this is not atypical during a detox; there is a lot of junk built up in your body from years of filling it with crap and when it begins to push that out, it causes discomfort. 

I am also noticing a distinct lack of general fatigue or sleepiness; it was hard for me to settle down and fall asleep and then when I woke up at 6:30 that was it - I was up.  Those of you who know me know that this is -very- unlike my normal morning mood of "go away." I am also completely off coffee, tea, or soda.  No caffeine whatsoever.  What a strange thing, to feel so much more alert and awake WITHOUT that!

This morning my daughter and I made our juice and drank it for breakfast, and then we walked to school together.  That's about 2 miles round trip.  The muscle fatigue was noticeable, and when I got home I felt the need to stretch a lot. I am finding it hard to sit still for very long at all, because I have so much energy.

One strange thing that happens to me is I get really, really itchy when I walk in the cooler weather. (This is not juice-related; I have always had this issue.)  I get huge red weals on my legs that take some time to go away and make me want to claw my skin off.  A little research showed it could be several things, and recommended either lotioning a lot or else an antihistamine.  If it keeps up, I'll just exercise indoors in the cooler weather. 

Today I tried red kale in my mid-morning juice and learned that where kale, is concerned, less is more.  I can do TONS of spinach but kale just has a funny smell that I don't really enjoy.  I'll put a leaf in until it's gone and then stick with spinach and celery.

1 comment:

  1. My PT told me that leg cramps were caused by lack of calcium or potassium. Maybe there are some juicing produce that contain those things?

    ReplyDelete