Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day Two - Recruit the kiddies!

So last night I was so full of energy it was hard to fall asleep...I felt sleepy, but also energetic.  It was strange.  But this morning when I woke up, I felt really, really great.

I spent an hour on the phone with my sister talking about the juice plan - turns out she and her husband are juicing every morning and she is behind my 60 day juice feast 110%.  She told me she's been giving her daughter juice every morning, and that was when I decided to get my daughter interested. 

What's the best way to get a kid to eat something?  Why, let them help make it!  So my daughter and I made a spinach, carrot, celery, watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, orange, and coconut water juice.  It was delicious.  She did notice she could taste the celery but didn't balk at drinking what she would -never- eat, and later after she'd finished she told me she felt really good.

Score one for mom.

I am not especially hungry myself.  The juice seems to fill me up, but as I told a friend of mine, it's a 'different' kind of full, more like the full after eating a plain salad (with no cheese or meat or heavy dressing) as opposed to a turkey dinner full.  I feel very light after I eat, but satisfied.  It's definitely a change.

Yesterday I made turkey dinner for my family at home.   Now at first, when it was all cooking, I found myself craving the foods.  The aromas alone were very powerful, and so I stopped to think about how food smells to me vs. how it makes me feel after I eat it.  For me, turkey dinner is one hot mess.  I enjoy the flavors but the food makes me feel terrible almost moments after I finish eating.  I had to stop and remind myself of that, and sure enough when I was serving the dinner, I did not really want those foods.  The desire to not feel sick trumped all the emotions that that meal in particular dredges up, and I enjoyed my juice while my family finished their turkey.  I didn't miss it, and I felt fine when I went to bed, something that rarely happens for me.

I am noticing I will be needed to go to the market more, too, because damn, when you actually EAT all the fresh fruit and veg you bring into the house, and only that, you burn through it fast.  My daughter will come with me and choose foods for her lunch, and help me pick juicing produce.

So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment