Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 11 - Listening to your Body

I am now firmly convinced I made the right decision.  I ate some black beans and rice with some veggies yesterday around midday.  That afternoon I did 30 minutes on my Nordic Track that felt almost effortless, and then did a 30 minute brisk walk in the evening.  I slept well and woke up without any muscle aches or anything; previously, I would have been stiff or sore from the ski machine.  I am pretty sure the recovery is so quick and painless because I have been eating clean and drinking at least a liter of water per day, along with juices.  The changes that have taken place in the past week and half are just astounding to me; I feel like I did before I had my daughter, for the most part.

The discomfort I had yesterday is gone, and things are completely back to...no, better than, normal...or what had been 'normal' for me for several years.  I am enjoying what I do eat (today I had some grilled vegetables, rice and beans again) and not missing what I do not.

Busy day today; my husband's beer is being judged tonight so I am having dinner at the pub.  Well, actually, I am -not- having dinner at the pub at all, since everything there is contains ingredients I am avoiding.  I will drink some seltzer and enjoy the company, and have some juice for dinner when I get home, since I already ate my main meal earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment