Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 14 - Wow!

For the past two weeks, I have been entirely, completely vegetarian.  No meat, dairy, eggs, or fish.  Virtually no oil or processed foods.  Nothing to drink but water, juice, and decaf green tea.  No Diet Coke.  No coffee.  No caffeine.  No alcohol - not even my husband's beer.

I almost can't believe it, because it's been so effortless.  Doing the juice fast for ten days completely reset my cravings and my desires for all the foods that were contributing to my health problems.  Having the right foods available and having new ways to prepare them has made a huge difference in the transition to a whole food, plant-based diet.

I would urge anyone to give this a try if you have any health issues whatsover...or even if you don't, and you want to prevent them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment