Friday, December 2, 2011

Day Seven - One week gone already?!?!

I cannot believe this is really Day Seven.  It's becoming easier as I feel myself breaking away from food cravings and obsessions.  I simply make my juice, drink it.  Meal over.  It's no big deal.  Can I do this nine more times?  We'll see.  Right now it feels possible.

Today is about affirmations.  I was sorting through old clothes today, making piles; one of hand-me-downs for my niece, one for Goodwill, and one of clothes that belonged to other people that I wished to return.  As I did this, I reminded myself that everything is about making a choice in the moment; it isn't just about food.  It's about how we treat other people, how we try to make the world a better place by being kind, generous, patient.  But it's also about owning our mistakes, and offering apologies, and striving to do better in the future.

Some of the clothes I had set aside for donation a few months ago because they are too small, I am keeping now.  I have a feeling I will be needing them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment