Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 8 - Drumkits and Sampling

My niece is in town; we're building a little drumkit that attaches to her Mac.  Lots of fun.  It also means lots of dining out.  This morning we went to a diner, where I had a large OJ and the a fruit smoothie that was so sweet I could barely put a dent in it.  I made a juice soon after we got home and felt much better.

Tonight we are going out to dinner.  After some research, I have decided to order a salad that has fresh fruit on top, and no dressing.  It's the closest thing to juice I can find - I'll just have to chew a lot!  It'll be interesting to see how much I can actually eat - my stomach has definitely shrunk in the past 8 days.  I'll also drink some juice before I leave.

Today I also researched diet as it relates to my disease, and I am confident that if I employ a plant based, half-raw diet rich in a variety of nutrients, I can keep flares at bay for good and say goodbye to the strong drugs I have been taking for over a year.  More on that another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment